cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive or make calls but have dial tone

Biddy-r
On our wavelength

Tried to call on my mobile 10mins no answer, obviously can’t call 150 from landline.

if someone could help be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your replies @Biddy-r and for answering all my questions, that's very helpful.

It's not quite clear why you're experiencing the issues you've got based on your account and the checks I've ran, so I'm going to book an engineer for you as soon as possible to get this fixed.

Firstly though, I'm just going to pop you a quick PM to ask you to confirm a couple of account details just for security!

I'll send this straight away so please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Biddy-r, thanks for your post and I'm sorry that you're having problems with your landline.

Are you able to kindly advise if:

1. You've made sure all of the connections are secure in your handset.

2. If the battery is fully charged on the handset.

3. What happens when you try and call out, is there any error or tone displayed?

4. What happens from the dialler's end when they try and call you, does it go straight to voicemail for example?

Please respond to these questions and it'll enable me to troubleshoot further for you.

Regards

Tom_W

Biddy-r
On our wavelength

Thanks Tom,

1. yes

2. Yes

3. get dial tone upon failing a number get continuous long beeb.

4. Calls to me result in 3 short beebs, then cuts off.

Biddy-r
On our wavelength

Typo when calling a number

Thanks for your replies @Biddy-r and for answering all my questions, that's very helpful.

It's not quite clear why you're experiencing the issues you've got based on your account and the checks I've ran, so I'm going to book an engineer for you as soon as possible to get this fixed.

Firstly though, I'm just going to pop you a quick PM to ask you to confirm a couple of account details just for security!

I'll send this straight away so please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @Biddy-r,

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your landline problem – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

I hope this helps and thanks for your time.

Regards

Tom_W