cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls

percyw
On our wavelength

Since May 6th 2022 I have been unable to receive incoming calls. I can make outgoing calls OK.

This appears, from reading through this forum, to be a common problem, which your support team are unaware of. 44 minutes of frustration.

Been with VM for years, this all happened after the change over to digital.

20 REPLIES 20

Thanks for the update percyw

Gareth_L

GeoffBBG
Joining in

I can make out going calls but cannot receive incoming calls

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GeoffBBG,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your landline phone and are unable to receive incoming calls! We can understand how frustrating this can be. 

Can you please tell us if you've taken a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help identify your issue? 

Do you have an active dial tone at the moment?

Have you checked all connections at the landline and see if everything is connected securely?

Have you tried connecting a different landline phone into the connection to see if the issue is still ongoing?

Please take a look and let us know so that we can investigate further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have tried all the things suggested 

I have tried all Paulina suggested but still cannot get incoming calls. It rings but cannot speak and then it cuts out

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GeoffBBG,

Thanks for coming back to me. Can you confirm if you have an active dial tone, or if using another landline phone has the same issue?

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I have a dial tone and I can make out going calls. We have two handsets, one upstairs one down. Both do not work and if swap round still do not work. The phone rings but we cannot hear caller and then it cuts out after a few seconds

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GeoffBBG,

Thank you for confirming. I'll be happy to look into this further for you and see what's causing these issues. 

I'll send you a Private Message, so please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you. 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GeoffBBG,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your landline issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I have also this morning been speaking with your colleagues in India. They went through various things but the fault remains. 

They have given me an id for Virgin Media to contact me. It is P011759267. 

Are you aware of this?