cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls

percyw
On our wavelength

Since May 6th 2022 I have been unable to receive incoming calls. I can make outgoing calls OK.

This appears, from reading through this forum, to be a common problem, which your support team are unaware of. 44 minutes of frustration.

Been with VM for years, this all happened after the change over to digital.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No worries,

Please keep us posted with how you get on 🙂

You can view any appointments via your online account here

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi percyw,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with the line since the switchover, can you confirm if you've rebooted your hub?

Alex_Rm

percyw
On our wavelength

Yes, rebooted hub numerous times. Still can't receive incoming calls.

Thanks for confirming percyw 🙂

I can see from our side you have been able to get in touch with us to arrange a technician since posting.

Please let us know how the visit goes.

Alex_Rm

percyw
On our wavelength

Hi, That's news to me. Thank you for confirming.

I left the call with the support team, they were raising it to next level and would be in touch.

Heard nothing from them since.

No worries,

Please keep us posted with how you get on 🙂

You can view any appointments via your online account here

Alex_Rm

percyw
On our wavelength

Thank you for your kind assistance. I will let you know the outcome post engineer visit.

percyw
On our wavelength

Turned out to be cabling problems. Virgin media engineer was very professional and painstakingly hunted down the problem.

Turned out to be the cable from the old master socket (downstairs) to upstairs router.

On a temporary basis, having to run a 10 metre extension lead from upstairs to downstairs, until I can get an electrician to sort the cabling out.

Only issue I have is it worked perfectly prior to conversion to digital. New digital system must be less fault tolerant

Many thanks for all the assistance from this forum.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @percyw,

Thank you for coming back to us and for keeping us updated on how your technician appointment went.

Glad to hear that the issue was located and our engineer was able to help you with this. 🙂

If there's anything else we can do to assist, please get in touch, we're here to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

percyw
On our wavelength

Hi further update. Post engineers visit.

It wasn't anything to do with cabling, but there was a REN 4 load on the system. Found by my electrician.