cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls to Landline from Vodafone mobiles

soton79
On our wavelength

Vodafone mobiles cannot connect to my Virgin landline at home, which basically means I cannot call home. I dont choose which network my mobile is on as it is a company phone. This has been raised many times, I have had engineers round to "resolve" the problem, and even they say they have no idea how to fix it. 

I've been in touch with Vodafone as well and they don't know how to fix it either. Unfortunately, I need to be able to call home (as most people would expect to do this simple task!), and if I cannot get this resolved soon I will be complaining officially and taking my business elsewhere. This has been going on for months and months now.

I am really hoping someone else has had something similar and can offer some answers. Might I add, all other mobile networks work fine.

49 REPLIES 49

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're more than welcome @Ajay1983 - so sorry about the issues. We'll contact your old provider and keep you posted

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi there, 

I'm pleased to say this issue has been resolved and tested. A lady called to say they contacted Sky and got them to re-route and fix issue on porting and all is working as it should.

Many thanks 😁

Thank you to every dept I pestered lol 

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh fab to hear @Ajay1983 - Glad that the team managed to get things sorted quickly for you.

We always appreciate an update so we know how things have gone; thanks so much for popping back to let us know. 

Have a good afternoon and stay safe 

Katie - Forum Team

Please, we have exactly the same problem, and have done since we moved to Virgin landline and broadband from Vodafone in 2019. We have logged multiple calls on the issue with Virgin, but to no avail. We found this topic on googling the problem ourselves. We initially thought it was just my husband's phone, but recently found out nobody with a vodafone mobile can call our landline. Please please can you help. We dont want to move provider again. 

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post ElaineCusack and welcome to our community.

We'll pop you over a private message to pass security and get this looked into.

Thanks, Emily.

PeteLambo
Joining in
  • Hi, my parents recently moved from Sky to Virgin and have the same issue, I called customer support from their landline and explained what I've read here but they just ran tests (no fault found of course) and still the issue persistent, can you help please?

Thanks. 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums, PeteLambo,

Sorry to hear this has occurred. Is this still happening for your parents or have they been able to get things resolved since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

PeteLambo
Joining in

Hi Corey, thanks for responding. I spoke to customer services again today, 2nd line support, and they said to give it 24 hours, said they made some changes but didn't specify...let's see what happens!

I'll update this thread on the weekend.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply and update, PeteLambo,

Sounds like progress, do keep us in the loop.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey C, so a few days have passed and still no progress! Should I call customer services again or is this something you can help with?

Thanks again, 

Peter