cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls to Landline from Vodafone mobiles

soton79
On our wavelength

Vodafone mobiles cannot connect to my Virgin landline at home, which basically means I cannot call home. I dont choose which network my mobile is on as it is a company phone. This has been raised many times, I have had engineers round to "resolve" the problem, and even they say they have no idea how to fix it. 

I've been in touch with Vodafone as well and they don't know how to fix it either. Unfortunately, I need to be able to call home (as most people would expect to do this simple task!), and if I cannot get this resolved soon I will be complaining officially and taking my business elsewhere. This has been going on for months and months now.

I am really hoping someone else has had something similar and can offer some answers. Might I add, all other mobile networks work fine.

49 REPLIES 49

Hi soton79,

Thanks for clarifying that you aren't receiving calls from Vodafone numbers. I've done a remote diagnostic on your landline connection. I've not been able to identify any faults, however I have forwarded your details to our landline faults team, who will be reaching out to you within 24 hours, to get things sorted.

Cheers,

Corey C

soton79
On our wavelength

Thank you

You're welcome, soton79. do let us know if you need anything else.

soton79
On our wavelength

Hi

I've had no one contact me to try and resolve this.....?

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @soton79

I am sorry to hear that; I have located your account from your forum information and I can see that we did chat with a 3rd party at your home on Friday. The issue was identified as a porting fault and as such the previous provider was contacted on your behalf and the issue was resolved soon after. 

Are you advising that the issue is still ongoing since the chat we had with someone on Friday - have you tested this over the weekend or today at all? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

soton79
On our wavelength

Hi Katie,

Apologies, the problem is now resolved (which I am very happy about!!) - i just hadnt been contacted to say it was resolved. I just tried and I can call home. thank you very much for following up and for those that helped identify the issue and resolve it.

very pleased

🙂

Hi soton79,

So glad to hear the issue has now been solved and that you're happy with the outcome.

If you need anything else at all from us please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

All the best,

Beth

Beth

Hi Katie, 

Unfortunately I am also experiencing the exact same circumstances as @soton79 and would very much appreciate any help.

We're still in our 14 day cooling off period and just switched from Sky. We now have Virgin broadband and phone. The temporary number worked fine. received all calls and made all calls. 

Now our number's been ported from sky, no Vodafone can call our landline. the landline can call anyone including Vodafone, but myself and others on Vodafone can't call in.

I've been non stop on the phone, without help to the point we're thinking of leaving inside the cooling off period. I've also stressed to the gent on the phone I have identified this current forum chat as the exact issue and that there's been a fault during porting, but no one is listening and just telling me to wait.

Can someone please get in touch with me and escalate this to the landline faults team as done with this customer who had the same issue please?

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Ajay1983

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with incoming calls from a certain network since porting your number over to us. I have located your account from your forum and have done a few checks from here; the line itself is working all ok so it does look like it may be the port that was not completed correctly. 

As such, I have staged your account to our Porting team to have a closer look and contact your previous provider - we advise this can take around 48 hours to take a look. We'll keep you posted but please do feel free to pop back for updates if you've not had anything back in the next couple of days. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

I really appreciate your help with this and thank you for the swift reply