cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Update Landline Number in Account Details

Paul_Moran
On our wavelength

I'm back with Virgin Media after a 2 year spell with Vodafone. (Sadly, I'll probably be leaving again after 18 months, when the monthly cost for my >200 Mbps service is forecast to rise from an average of £18.40 to £57.00!) Surprisingly, my old forum login/password details are still valid.

When opening my new Virgin Media account, I gave my existing Vodafone landline number (xxxxxxx6554) as my contact number. I'm now trying to update my account details to show my new Virgin Media landline number as the contact number. (Landline number is one of two options in my account for receiving security OTPs.) I keep getting the error message: "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again."

This is probably a query that only Virgin Media staff can help with. Of course, I will be happy to provide full account details, etc., by private message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul_Moran,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced with updating the contact details, so we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul_Moran,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced with updating the contact details, so we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Paul_Moran
On our wavelength

Hi, Kain, and thank you for updating my account. I checked it this morning, and it now shows my new Virgin Media landline number (instead of the old Vodafone number).

Great to hear all sorted @Paul_Moran 

Do pop back to the community if you ever need us.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill