cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling phone service

Sandra64
Joining in

I have a landline TV services and internet services with virgin but never use my landline. Can I cancel this so I don't pay the standing charge but still get the internet and TV services?

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Sandra64 wrote:

I have a landline TV services and internet services with virgin but never use my landline. Can I cancel this so I don't pay the standing charge but still get the internet and TV services?

You can remove the phone service, but the way VM organises its packages, it is often cheaper to have the phone bundled in.

If you are looking to renew your contract (with less services) you will have to phone in and see what VM is offering for the services you want.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can, but the amount of money you save will be negligible.

Accounts with phone lines on are HEAVILY discounted as part of your contract. So if you drop the phone line the price of your Broadband actually goes up. It may be that you will save a couple of pounds a month. It may even be that you save nothing.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sandra64,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

As other users have advised, keeping the phone will allow you access to more discounts and so you may save more with keeping it. 

If you still do wish to cancel it, you would need to call into the team via 150/0345 454 1111. 

^Martin

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The landline is handy if you need to contact VM, just call 150 (free). It's also a good backup if your mobile fails.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection