cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of home phone line - (for admins)

rightclickfix
Up to speed

I've been wanting to cancel my land line service for some time now but the account is in my wifes name and nothing is getting done? I've seen other posts regarding lack of support on this issue so am posting publicly.

Can a moderator/admin PM me so I can forward my account details and get things moving please?

tia

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

staff will delete the personal details but at a tangent removing the phone line from your package may increase your monthly bill - you will get a discount for a package - if you remove part of it that discount may be removed and whilst in theory you pay for line rental that is also discounted so again that will not affect your bill - the sum total being a possible increase in your bill

add to that there may be early disconnection fees if you are in contract and just to add to that removing - changing any part of your package will start a new 18 month contract on the parts of the package you keep

so before you go ahead look at that - staff here will not be able to change your package - you will need to ring - you should be able to sort it once they have spoken to your wife to pass security

all that said you are probarbly just better unplugging the land line phone and telling anyone who it matters to you no longer have a land line

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @rightclickfix.

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the issues with cancelling your landline.

Can you please tell me why you are wanting to cancel your landline only? I was not able to locate a media account for you using your forums details.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

thanks for the quick response hayley 🙂

I work from home and the land line is rarely used if only for incoming calls. I made 2 calls last week and was charged over £1 too? We don't want or need the land line as I explained. All I get is annoying spam calls and the occasional pensioner asking questions. If it can be taken out I'd like it done asap as we're paying for a service that's not being utilised.

The account number is: [deleted] and my wifes name is Janet, the account is in her name but feel free to edit/delete if its innapropriate I understand.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

staff will delete the personal details but at a tangent removing the phone line from your package may increase your monthly bill - you will get a discount for a package - if you remove part of it that discount may be removed and whilst in theory you pay for line rental that is also discounted so again that will not affect your bill - the sum total being a possible increase in your bill

add to that there may be early disconnection fees if you are in contract and just to add to that removing - changing any part of your package will start a new 18 month contract on the parts of the package you keep

so before you go ahead look at that - staff here will not be able to change your package - you will need to ring - you should be able to sort it once they have spoken to your wife to pass security

all that said you are probarbly just better unplugging the land line phone and telling anyone who it matters to you no longer have a land line

Tony.
Sacked VIP

thanks for that Tony, yeah I've unplugged it and updated my web-site to remove the number. I'll get the better half to call them and sort a deal out.

Thanks again for fast, efficient support 🙂