cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel number withheld on my landline

Colum1955
Joining in

When I make a call from my landline, I want that the person that I have called can see that it is my number calling. How can I effect this.

6 REPLIES 6

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Colum1955,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. If you wish for the person who you are calling to see your number, they must have a caller display handset.

Unfortunately, if the person you're calling only has a standard handset without this feature, they will not know who is calling until they answer the phone or dial 1471 if they miss your call. This will then repeat back to them the last number called.

The other possibility is you have withheld your number. If this is the case, when you call your friend/relative your number shows as unknown.

If you have asked for permanent number conceal, we can remove this for you.

Please let me know if I am on the right lines with this, so I can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Yes. At the moment when I call a number, the person being called gets a message, "no caller id", on his phone as it rings. I therefore assume that there is some setting on my landline which prevents releasing my number information when I make a call. I want that the called person can see that it is my number that is calling. How can I arrange this?

If I prefix the number I am calling with 142, that the called person does see my number information. But this is a cumbersome solution having to prefix each time I make a call.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for providing the information. 

Just to ask - the person you are calling and it doesn't display your number, is this the only one you're having the issue with? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

NO. My number is withheld on all calls I make, unless I prefix the called number with 142.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I appreciate you letting me know. 

What I can do is send you a private message so I can take some details and look at seeing if there is a permanent number conceal on your account and if so I am able to remove that 🙂 

I will send you over a message now. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.