Menu
becky51
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancel contract for relative

My mother is very ill in a nursing home and has severe dementia her flat is now empty so new people will soon be moving in. I have tried to cancel my mother's phone but as I do not know password neither does my mother I am unable to proceed. Also virgin told me because I have not got my mother's permission to speak on her behalf they will not help. There must be some safety net relatives can use as virgin are taking money from my mums bank account via DD this means the new tenants in my mums old flat will have free use of phone line. Can I use a solicitor to take action on my behalf to get this phone line cancelled. Please any help would be most appreciated  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel contract for relative

Hi Becky,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the predicament that you're Mother is currently in, in regards to this matter.

What I would advise doing is going to your solicitor and gaining power of attorney.

This can offer people, such as yourself more options when trying to manage the account on behalf of your Mother

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
becky51
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I cannot gain POA as my mother has dementia quite badly so cannot make life decisions it all happened suddenly after a fall. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello becky51,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via the Community, especially at this difficult time. 

Going forward, we would like to make things as easy as possible for you and all involved so I am going to pop you over a private message to get some further details.

The private message will appear in your inbox which is just the purple envelope at the top right of the page.  

Let me know if you have any problems viewing the message.

Thank you, 

Nat
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi becky51, 

Just a quick message to say thank you for your time and patience whilst we have looked in to this for you. 

I am happy we have been able to resolve this matter for you.  

If you have any queries or concerns in the future, please do no hesitate to get back in touch. 

Thank you, 

Nat
0 Kudos