cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive incoming calls

R_Workman7
Tuning in

I had Virgin installed at my home yesterday morning. After being advised it can take up to 24hrs to get the landline up and running, I still cannot receive any incoming calls to my number. I am able to call out. I have restarted the Hub 3.0 box to see if that would help but it hasn't.

How can I sort this?

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @R_Workman7,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're facing some problems with your landline service. I've checked our systems and I can't currently see any issues on the line being detected that would explain this. What happens exactly when someone attempts to call you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

The phone doesn’t ring to let me know someone is calling. 

Hi @R_Workman7,

Does the caller hear the line ringing, or do they get an engaged tone? Have you ensured that everything is connected securely?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Caller hears the line ringing. I get nothing my end. All cables are connected. 

Hi @R_Workman7,

Thanks for expanding. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take a closer look at what's going on here.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @R_Workman7,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that I could take a closer look over what's going on. As discussed, I've arranged for a technician visit to go ahead to get this looked into.

We're unable to confirm the date or time of the booking publicly, but you can check and manage/reschedule it if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how you get on either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team