cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive incoming calls on my landline

kettering99
Joining in

Have been a happy Virgin Media customer for many years.  Everything was going well until upgraded to fibre network on 20th August.

Since then have been unable to receive landline calls.  Have spent hours calling and messaging VM, much of it on hold.  I have tried every troubleshooting tip suggested by well-meaning call centre staff and was ultimately told someone would call me within 24 hours.  On Tuesday I was called as promised.  The caller was a bit baffled and said another docket would be opened and I would be informed of what was going to happen.  Have heard nothing since.

My husband is very hard of hearing and cannot use a mobile.  He has to use special landline .  He is expecting important calls.  A very frustrating situation!

We need an engineer to come and sort all this out, urgently.

7 REPLIES 7

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi kettering99,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've gad some issue with the landline. 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, can you confirm if your phone is plugged into a wall socket or the back of the hub?

If the hub, have you rebooted the router?

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Phone is plugged into the hub.  Have rebooted several times during past week and just tied again to no avail.

Can make calls OK.  

thanks for getting back to me,

I've double checked things, and can see that a ticket has been raised and assigned to our second line technical team. 

Appreciate you need this up and running as soon as possible, I assure you this is being investigated.

Alex_Rm

That's good to know.

Thanks for your help Alex.

Hello kettering99

Can you please let us know once its back on and working 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

I will be pleased to.

Thank you kettering99

That way if it is still the same we can look into this in a lot more detail

Gareth_L