Did you mean: 

Can’t receive incoming calls on landline

Nightmare2022
Tuning in

Can’t receive incoming calls on home phone 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nightmare2022,

I'm sorry to hear this, looking at things from our side, and as mentioned earlier up in the thread it seems there was an area issue affecting you.

Due to this it looks like the technician visit was cancelled. 

The area problems does now look to be resolved, can you please confirm that you're still having issues with the line?

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nightmare2022, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your landline service, we would be happy to assist in getting this resolved. 

Is the phoneline connected to your main socket or to the Hub please? 

Thanks 

Nat

I don’t know. I need an engineer out here to help me. We’ve had this problem since Friday. 

Thank you for your reply. 

In order to understand what could be causing the issue, we have taken a look from our side and can see that there is currently a known issue in the area. 

This issue is impacting all services and our engineers are on site working to fix this. 

The estimated date for the repair is 28th February at 9am. 

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Nat

Do we get a reduction on our bill?

Also, it’s totally unacceptable to leave us for ten days without a fully functioning landline. I am 75 years old, diabetic with glaucoma and a carer x 2. Firstly, I care for my 84 year old husband who’s diabetic, has a heart condition and is disabled following septicaemia.  I also care for my son who has a severe mental illness and is in remission from a double cancer diagnosis.  You have sent me questions basically asking me to do your job for you, instead of providing the service for which I pay a large sum of money each month.  
Please will you sort this out for me as a matter of urgency.

Hi Nightmare2022, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and apologies for any mis-understandings. 

There is a fault open however this is only affecting broadband, TV and phone services supplied through the hub. As you are connecting your landline via the socket, the fault isn't what's causing your landline issues. 

As it stands your the checks I am running this end are not registering. In order to help look at this, there are a few checks we will need to go through with you. Can you let me know the following please:

• Does the landline work if plugging a different handset into your socket?
  • If you don't have another handset, are you able to try your handset in another socket?
  • When calling any number, do you get any tone?
  • When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all?

If you can come back and let me know the answers to the above. It's possible we may need to get an engineer out to you so please ensure you come back to us here 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

We have three handsets in three different rooms. None of them can receive incoming calls.  

There is no dialling tone.

The phone clicks when a caller rings and then goes dead.  The caller hears the same.

Hi Nightmare2022, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly on this one and for providing the answers to the questions I asked. 

We will need to get an engineer out to resolve things for you in this case. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Nightmare2022, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team