cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive incoming calls on landline

sghairdressing
Joining in

We have been waiting for our old number to be ported over since 15th March. I rang on Monday 17th April to check if it had been done yet and they said yes we were good to go. I plugged the phone line into our Virgin router and since then we can’t receive any calls but we can make calls.

I have been on the phone for 2 hours today as well as spending the majority of the day on the live chat….to no avail. We can make calls but we cannot receive any incoming calls. We are a business and we are LOSING business due to this! I spoke to someone this morning and they said they can divert the calls to a mobile number for the time being and that it would be done within half an hour, great! But two hours later and still nothing. Then I was on hold for an hour and went through practically every department trying to resolve this issue.  Twice today I’ve been told it’s working now and the calls are diverted…but no they aren’t. I feel like I’m going in circles and not getting any help and having to re-explain myself every single time my call is passed onto someone else. 

1 REPLY 1

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @sghairdressing,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about your issue, as you have mentioned that this account if for your Business we only cover Residential accounts here. We would advise you to reach out to the Business team here.

Thanks. Joe