cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive incoming calls from EE mobile, get'You have dialed an incorrect number' message

chuffster
On our wavelength

As above.I am disabled and my wife has to contact me via her EE mobile to see if all's OK regularly.She tried dialing the home phone today and got the message' YOU HAVE DIALED AN INCORRECT NUMBER'

Please could you help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @chuffster

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know that the phoneline is now working. Must have been an area issue in the end which was resolved elsewhere. My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. 

I have cancelled your appointment as requested. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

35 REPLIES 35

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good morning chuffster - thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of this calling issue. Is this on your landline or your mobile? Best 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

chuffster
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply.She's trying to ring our home phone, which is Virgin, from the EE mobile.The EE mobile is getting the 'incorrect number' message.We can dial out from the home phone with no problems,.

Thanks for coming back to me and confirming. OK so is your Wife dialling from the contact book, or manually? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

chuffster
On our wavelength

Hi, from the contact book.

Hi, she's just tried manually aw well.

Thanks for coming back and confirming 🙂 is this only your Wife who gets this error or are other people experiencing it as well?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

chuffster
On our wavelength

Hi, it's just my wife.She's calling from a Samsung s20, if that helps?

Thank you for confirming this chuffster. Can you confirm if you transferred your number recently from EE to us? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, no, I've had EE for almost a year.Was 02 before that.