cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls from other mobiles

JimmyTwoFaces
Tuning in

Hello.

Recently a number of people have been unable to call me from their mobile. I can ring from a landline and it's fine. I've got 4G coverage and I have tried resetting the network settings to be sure. The numbers are not barred and I don't have airplane mode on.

From the caller's end the line is dead. The phone doesn't ring and they can't leave a message.

9 REPLIES 9

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @JimmyTwoFaces, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that phone calls through to your sim card have not been working recently, how long has this been going on for?

Have you been having this issue when in one particular location, or multiple?

Can you possibly try the sim card in an alternative handset to rule out the prospect of the handset being the fault?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello. The issue is with various Vodafone users. The sim works in other phones. I have spoken to Vodafome and they say the issue is with Virgin

Thanks for coming back to us @JimmyTwoFaces

If the sim works in other phones as per your last message, this would suggest there may a fault with your current handset?

What handset do you have?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Pixel 6.

I have the same issue in a Pixel 5

All networks can ring except for Vodafone 

@JimmyTwoFaces,

Have you tried going through the troubleshooting steps here - Mobile Help & Device Support ?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes. Same issue.

The phone works fine. On all but the Virgin network from vodafone. 

The sim works fine. On all but the Virgin Netwok from Vodafone.

I put the voda chip in my phone and that works fine to all.

So its only when I put the Virgin sim in any phone that it cannot receive calls from Vodafone mobiles. Vodafone have confirmed the issue is with the virgin network.

Hi @JimmyTwoFaces

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you. Please join me on private message so we can look into this further for you. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Sorry for the delay I just dmed you

No problem JimmyTwoFaces. Thank you for joining me on private message, we'll look into this for you now. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley