cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls, but can make calls...

d1bble
Joining in

Hi 

Bit of background; Virgin broadband/phone plan taken with me in a house move to a 'purple' area and now my telephone landline wont work.

Four weeks of asking Virgin for help and i finally get a service engineer to come out.  He's none the wiser and says its a got to be a phone fault (even though its worked with Virgin and i subsequently tested it on a BT line too, working absolutely fine).  He explained to my wife that its these new routers (Hub3) that can also be the problem.

He left saying there's nothing he can do, so im back to square one.

Can anyone help please?

I can make calls.  When im on the phone, the telephone line coming in goes to answerphone and sometimes i get a faint ring, but then it cuts off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi d1bble, welcome to our community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having issues with your telephone service. I have had a look at your account and I cannot find any faults showing.  So I would like to investigate this further for you.  To enable me to do so, I'm going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Dilz
Joining in

I have similar situation. I had phone and internet installed last week 03/12/19 and all working fine but no incoming calls from mobiles from what I can tell. When I ring my number from a mobile I get 2 beeps and it cuts off. I have tried from a few mobile phones and same outcome. Had a tech come out and he said it can take awhile for the number to port over from previous provider. I can make calls and receive calls only from people calling from a landline. It’s been over a week and still no joy 

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi d1bble, welcome to our community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having issues with your telephone service. I have had a look at your account and I cannot find any faults showing.  So I would like to investigate this further for you.  To enable me to do so, I'm going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks Lee, will do.

Hi, did you ever got the issue resolved? I now have a similar issue. 

I did eventually after about 2months almost. It was something about my existing number not being ported over correctly. All the best

I have same problem been waiting on phone to virgin listening to music now for 50 mins to be out through to technical I've a feeling that  I'm wasting my time as this is beyond most of the help line virgin people and it would seem that they have most probably not ported my number correctly. 

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Minty2 and welcome to our community.

Can you please confirm if you know what provider the mobiles are on who cannot call? Is it all mobile providers?

Do any error messages sound? 

Let us know, Emily.

It doesn't matter who's mobile is used the message is the same "number not valid" beeps three times and hangs up.  Virgin have just ported the number across from BT but have not done it correctly. so the fault is Virgin. Cant  get to speak to anyone was waiting on 151 technical for two hours yesterday listening to music.

I see from previous posts this is not the first time.

they are qui k to bill me though thinking of cancelling the whole deal 

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

When did the number port get requested?

If you call 1471 does it repeat back your number for you?

Thanks, Emily.