cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make outgoing calls

clairer1975
Joining in

Had engineer out today for an ongoing landline problem.  Could receive calls but not make calls.  Apparently it was an exchange fault with the line.  He did a test to prove outgoing & incoming calls were ok before he went.  They both worked.  When he'd gone I tried ringing 2 different mobile numbers & a landline number & still had same problem.  There is an intermittent dial tone when you start a call, I dial a number & hear these beeping as I do so, then I press green button to make call & all I get is a continuous tone as if the call has ended or line is dead.  Maybe he used short numbers to test the line, as when I dial 1471 etc it works.

The house & surrounding areas were flooded in January this year & we have moved back in over the last 2 weeks.  The broadband connection is good.  

11 REPLIES 11

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, clairer1975,

Sorry to hear that you have been having landline issues. Have you checked if there are any voicemails causing the intermittent dial tone? You can dial 1571 to check from your landline.

Is your landline plugged into the wall or into the superhub?

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi, have already checked the voicemail, as I read about that here lastnight.  It says no new messages.  The phone is plugged into a connection in the wall. Thanks.

Thanks for your reply, clairer1975, I've sent you a private message to confirm your account details so we can take a look at the service for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

Still have same problem even after having an email saying it's sorted.

Intermittent dial tone, dial a number then it has a continuous tone and nothing happens.  There are no voicemails on 1571 (we use the integrated answer machine on the phone anyway - this has no messages either).  We have never even asked for voicemail service to be set up on our line.

If I ring to leave a message it says no message can be left, even though it's set to answer & record.

The telephony people rang before the engineer came out & said its possibly a fault in the street cabinet.  From my knowledge, the street cabinet wasn't checked by the engineer??  Did the engineer check line by ringing a mobile number or just a short code, because 1471, 1571 etc all work ok, so will show as test ok.

I've also checked the PBX code setting, but there is no code already set, therefore I can't delete one.

Equipment and line was ok before the area was flooded in January.

I'm so sorry to hear this issue is still happening @clairer1975 

I can see my colleague has contacted you via PM, they will look into this issue for you and respond via the PM. 

Thank you. 

Ok thanks

No problem 🙂

Beth

Beth

Not had a reply in messages from anyone yet and still got the problem.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi clairer1975, 

I am sorry for any delays in response. 

I will pop a message over to my colleague now to make them aware you are waiting on a reply. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Nat