cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make outgoing calls on landline

dt20
Tuning in

Hi, I spoke to some last week about this problem and they said they would send out an engineer.  The appointment date is end of August so we're without a landline until then which is unacceptable!  Could someone tell me if I need an adapter which could be posted rather than wait until end of August until it's fixed.

22 REPLIES 22

Hi

No diagnostics were done although I have tried another handset and that can't make calls either.  Same thing, can receive calls on it but can't make any.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem, thanks for the responses.

It seems like we do need to get a technician to check this for you.

Before I do book any appointment I have to advise the following.

There can be a £25 charge added to the account if;

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know whether you're okay with this and I'll go ahead and book the appointment for you.

Kain

Yes please, could you go ahead and make an appointment.  Shall I keep the other appointment too? 

thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'd keep the appointment for August also. 

Just to confirm a few details I've dropped you a PM.

You'll find this message within the purple envelope.

Thanks!

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM dt20,

That appointment has now been booed in for you.

If you do face any issues with the time then you'll be able to reschedule through MyVM.

Let us know how the visit goes! 

All the best and take care,

Kain

Thanks very much for your help.  I'll keep you posted as to the outcome.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries, thanks for your time!

Kain

Just to update this situation.  An engineer came out this afternoon and fixed the problem with the line, installed a new hub and kindly arranged to have my telephone number changed too.  So all good at the moment. Thank you.  

Hi dt20

Thank you for letting us know that this has all been resolved for you! This is great to hear. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Just a query regarding the original appointment that was booked on 25th August, the engineer that came out to fix the above problem said that the original appointment would be cancelled but I've just had a text asking whether I'd like an earlier date for installation or keep original.  I don't want either now because it's all been sorted. A new hub has been installed and the telephone is now connected via hub.