cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Make Calls But Can Receive Them

apjd_1968
Joining in

Advised that phone would be transferred to fibre service on 27th August 2021.  On that date I connected phone to Hub 4 and everything appeared in order.  Made a test call and also made call from mobile to make sure I could receive calls.  My wife commented today that she was expecting some calls over weekend but had not received any.  So we tested phone.  Could make a call but when we phoned number it just produced tone like number disconnected.  Phoned up Virgin Media and was informed that my number had not been ported yet (so not sure how I could make test call on 27th August)  I was then informed issue would be resolved by midnight today.  Then informed it would be resolved by 6th September.  Obviously, this is annoying as I seem to be given conflicting information.  Can anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Apjd_1968,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I have already taken the time to look into your services on my side and can see there is a fault on your landline which will need an engineer call-out to rectify. 

I will need to schedule this via PM so I'll send this over now for you 🙂

Thank you for bringing this to our attention on the forums!

Just for future issues with your services and for any other users that are looking at this thread for help, I have a few links below that might help with general issues - 

• Our Service Checker is a good tool to use to check if there are any area outages ongoing with Broadband, TV, Landline and Mobile. It usually lets you know what is wrong and how long it's going to take for the engineers to fix (estimated time of course)
  • Your Online Account also has a good tool which helps diagnose a fault within your home network with your Broadband, TV and Landline, it will tell you what's up and what to do next. 
  • We also have a good section for faults on our website here - Help Website - it will give you flows for diagnosing and rectifying faults on a multitude of aspects. A really good link to bookmark!  

Speak to you soon 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Apjd_1968,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I understand you have sought support from the Telco faults team via phoneline who are now dealing with your issue.

They will be able to help further with this problem, if you need any help from myself and my team in regards to this, please just pop a post on here and we will be happy to help once again.

Thanks,

Megan_L