cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get weekday free calls on Virgin?

Rondy
Joining in

HI:

I was recently with Sky and paid extra for Sky calls which meant all calls 24/7 were free.

Is there any such tariff I can have with Virgin. At present it's just weekend calls.

Thank you for any replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome Rondy, that should cover what you had with Sky in regards to calls anytime. You would need to speak to the team for the  cost for this and's it's worth checking if the additional usage this would allow would save you those kind of charges if you changed but then there is also the peace of mind knowing you can make calls whenever if required.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rondy,

Thanks for posting 🙂

You can find all our available talk plans here

You can call us on 150/ 0345 454 1111 and we'll be able to apply this for you.

Alex_Rm

Thanks for your reply Alex. Maybe I didn't explain enough, what I meant was with my Landline. Is there any tariff to get calls 24/7 on my home Land line?

Apologies Rondy, 

Looks to be an issue with the link, try here instead 🙂

Alex_Rm

Thanks Alex.

33 pages of charge rates , keeping it simple?

We offer Talk More Anytime, you can find out more about this here just scroll about halfway down and it will give some more details there.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I'll try giving them a ring tomorrow. It doesn't tell you there how much it costs.

You're welcome Rondy, that should cover what you had with Sky in regards to calls anytime. You would need to speak to the team for the  cost for this and's it's worth checking if the additional usage this would allow would save you those kind of charges if you changed but then there is also the peace of mind knowing you can make calls whenever if required.

Rob

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Be aware that (probably like other incumbent telcos) the VM Talk More packages only offer inclusive calls up to an hour, and if you run over that then the charges are the sort of thing you'd associate with international calls.  If you (or another household member) are prone to long calls, you'll need to be quite rigorous to end calls at one hour and re-dial - this is very easy to say "I'll do that", in reality it's much more difficult if you're either having a great call, or conversely talking with somebody who's having a tough time.

Last month my wife made a couple of extended calls to UK landlines (one call I don't believe is accurately timed by VM, but can't prove), and for the balance of charges just for the part of those two calls over the hour was about twelve quid, a very significant chunk of my monthly bill.