cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I book an engineer online?

SarahJ8
Tuning in

Can I book an engineer online instead of trying to get through on the phone? I need to book an engineer to come out and fit the adapter for the fibre phone line at beginning of November 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can wait on this forum for a VM staff member to respond - which may take a couple of days.

Non-fault callouts such as this are a £25 fee.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can wait on this forum for a VM staff member to respond - which may take a couple of days.

Non-fault callouts such as this are a £25 fee.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we will be more than happy to arrange a technician for our Landline Switchover if required.

If you have received an Email confirming the date we will send another nearer the time and will also send you the adaptor with instructions on how to fit it, if you do need a technician callout this may as advised be chargeable.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to speak to virgin media and I'm waiting on the email with the engineer appointment booking (no joy yet), but I do disagree with having to pay for this, as I haven't requested to be swapped to fibre phone but am being forced to have this if I still want a landline, so virgin should offer this call out for FREE! Just sayling.

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to speak to virgin media and I'm waiting on the email with the engineer appointment booking (no joy yet), but I do disagree with having to pay for this, as I haven't requested to be swapped to fibre phone but am being forced to have this if I still want a landline, so virgin should offer this call out for FREE! Just saying.

Hi @SarahJ8 thanks a lot for your further replies here.

I'm sorry but we do not charge for home phone switchover appointments, these are completely free so I do apologise for previous references to otherwise.

What we may charge for, is relocations of equipment for example, but for your first appointment to help with the switchover this will not be chargeable.

I am also going to send you a PM so I can triple check this for you and confirm the appointment is all in place as it should be for you.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W