cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from BT sms number 0845 6021111

ozsteve
Dialled in

We have been getting repeated calls from the BT SMS number 0845xxxxxx in the last few weeks. How do we stop getting these? It can be at least half a dozen a day!!!

Can anyone recommend anything?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Not sure I am following what you are after. I am assuming you are referring to spam/scam text messages that have been sent to your landline number and which have been converted to a spoken message by the BT text service.

If so, the procedure at #2 should turn off the text conversion altogether and you should not get any such text to voice calls come through.

Dialling the 0800 587 5252 no. from your VM landline from page 28 of the phone manual to cancel the text to speech conversion feature should be free.

Or are you trying to do something else?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Thanks for this, but it doesn't really help much. The repeated calls are from the BT SMS number and IF I listen to it, it refers to an Amazon web page. It is a cold call and the number is overseas! A lot of the methods mentioned are paid and I am not happy with that!

Cheers.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Not sure I am following what you are after. I am assuming you are referring to spam/scam text messages that have been sent to your landline number and which have been converted to a spoken message by the BT text service.

If so, the procedure at #2 should turn off the text conversion altogether and you should not get any such text to voice calls come through.

Dialling the 0800 587 5252 no. from your VM landline from page 28 of the phone manual to cancel the text to speech conversion feature should be free.

Or are you trying to do something else?

Thank you so much!! I have now done this......no more SMS calls 😁