cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 408 9340

Paul001
Superfast

Hi,

Had 3 calls in the last 5 days from 0800 408 9340 all claiming to be from VM offering me more packages for the landline.

Are these from VM or just a scam? 

Thanks

141 REPLIES 141

Most recently I believe the 25th feb as I have since stopped answering the phone to the two numbers I get phone calls from 

Can you check for me on your online account, what it's set too? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I’m opted out of marketing. I would also like to know why my bill keeps coming through between 12.59-14£ when it’s supposed to be 12.39 and I don’t exceed my limits? 

Have you checked your bill to see why the increase? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes I have checked and I have a November bill of 14.39 that says I sent picture messages to America on a number I have never used or no and doesn’t even look like a genuine number to me. So I’d like to know where these came from as I have nothing on my phone history to show where these pictures have come from and have never messaged anyone in America as I do not know anyone there. So why is it saying I have called and sent messages to people I haven’t ? 

Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

What handset are you using? When did you opt out of marketing as it can take 28 days for all marketing to stop.

Thanks,
Tom_S

IPhone 6 not that I see what that has to do with you charging me for things I haven’t done. I opted out when I got the app about a year ago, I also requested by phone 2 months ago to be taken off your call list in 2 different numbers you keep calling me off of 

Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

These charges for picture messages to America can occur if a text message has been sent to an email address rather than a contact number. With iPhones this can sometimes occur when sending it to a contact who is using a non-mobile data device such as an iPad. As the contact won't have a mobile number, if the message is sent via a text message rather than an iMessage it will send the message to their email address which will convert the SMS to an MMS or picture message which will result in a charge.

The best way to avoid these charges is to do the following: Settings => Messages => MMS Messaging => Off

I'm going to send you a PM so I can double check your account for the marketing preferences we have listed for you.

Thanks,

Tom_S

This has been driving me nuts now for several weeks, 4-5 calls a day to my landline, hangs up as soon as I answer. I’ve rung 150 twice which has resulted in no help whatsoever

Lindsey_C
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Micksta123,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums page.

Are you receiving calls from the same number?

Thanks

Lindsey_C