cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 408 9340

Paul001
Superfast

Hi,

Had 3 calls in the last 5 days from 0800 408 9340 all claiming to be from VM offering me more packages for the landline.

Are these from VM or just a scam? 

Thanks

141 REPLIES 141

Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mrnkar

I'm sorry to hear about the calls that you're receiving, if you'd like me to take a look at your account to update it, just respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information. 

You can view that message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mrnkar

Thanks for the fast response, I've updated the marketing preferences on your account to be sure were not getting in touch with you again although this can take a maximum of 6 weeks to take fully effect. 

As for the cancellation conformation, I can see that your request has been made and you'll be leaving us towards the end of the month.

I'll be here if there's anything else you need assistance with moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you

James, 

I have received a number of calls from your "sales" people, firstly I can barely understand them, secondly they are extremely pushy and continuously ring me under this number and 0800 183 6408 - they sound like a scam and wont take no for an answer, even though I said I would like to look in the store at phones before I decide.

I tried ringing your customer service to complain, after an age to get through, the representative - again I could barely understand him - told me it was the telesales people or a scam - wasn't clear - and then he tried to sell me a new phone package as well.

I am so fed up, I am planning to make a complaint to Ofcom on your telephone practices and hard sell as well as leave Virgin!  I thought Virgin had better ethics than this.

Utterly disgusted!!!

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

@IDoves wrote:

James, 

I have received a number of calls from your "sales" people, firstly I can barely understand them, secondly they are extremely pushy and continuously ring me under this number and 0800 183 6408 - they sound like a scam and wont take no for an answer, even though I said I would like to look in the store at phones before I decide.

I tried ringing your customer service to complain, after an age to get through, the representative - again I could barely understand him - told me it was the telesales people or a scam - wasn't clear - and then he tried to sell me a new phone package as well.

I am so fed up, I am planning to make a complaint to Ofcom on your telephone practices and hard sell as well as leave Virgin!  I thought Virgin had better ethics than this.

Utterly disgusted!!!

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/0800-183-6408/m-p/3394118#M79654

Yes a genuine VM number.  A disgraceful, disreputable practice and they don't care a damn that people don't hate these calls.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

sas2506
Joining in

Received several of these calls this week. I haven't answered a single one as they are all when I am at work. Todays one I received a voicemail after with some very noisy background and someone saying a phrase in Spanish.

I have been a VM customer since 2003, when I was 13 years old. We have several phone contracts with them, and have never received these types of calls in my recollection. I do not appreciate their calls, and will be informing them of this if they choose to call me and actually get me on the phone this time....!

Spam phone calls from VM are NOT what I expect.

Hi,

Can you confirm whether the number being discussed in this thread at the moment is a legitimate virgin media number?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/is-this-a-scam/m-p/3447050#M82652

This is crazy. I have cancelled my contract with virgin. I then started receiving between 1 and 3 calls per day that I did not answer. I called the customer service to be removed from any marketing calls.

They kept calling. I have called the customer service again and they said it takes up to 6 weeks to remove me from their list.

Unbelievable. I am now logging all calls received and reporting them. This is harassment. 

Hi,

I got a call from this number 0800 408 9340 at 15:23 today 11/7/17 and when I went to answer it there was no one there...and then the line cleared as Virgin hung the call up from their end. I had to stop what I was doing to answer the phone to then find out that Virgin could not even put an operator on the other end of the line. They wonder why people want to switch providers, when their loyal customers get treated like this. 

After receiving the call yesterday at 15:23 and there being no operator, I get the following calls when I am unable to answer the phone, with no answer phone message left:

Monday 10th July 2017 @ 19:39

Tuesday 11th July 2017 @ 10:17

You would think to ring that many times it would be important enough to leave a message. As I have received today my written confirmation that my contract will be cancelled next month, you would have thought that any further communication they require would have been mentioned in the letter I received, thus reducing the need for Virgin media to call several times a day.