cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 408 9340

Paul001
Superfast

Hi,

Had 3 calls in the last 5 days from 0800 408 9340 all claiming to be from VM offering me more packages for the landline.

Are these from VM or just a scam? 

Thanks

141 REPLIES 141

Write to VM, they will remove your phone number, but they say it takes up top 60 days!   I have also registered a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, They take a while but if enough people complain VM will have to do something more efficient that this 60 days rubbish.

Its been ongoing for more than 1 year and they said they have removed me but the calls continue.

I will try the Information Commissioner's Office route as well.

Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul001

I'm very sorry to learn that you're still receiving these unwanted calls, I've checked your account and can confirm that your marketing preferences have been updated so that the team ceases to call you.

I can also see you've requested to disconnect, which I'm sorry to hear about.

If there's anything else we can assist with moving forward, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the update. Please can you confirm a date of when these calls will stop?

Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul001

6 weeks from today is 1st March, so if you receive any calls after that date get in touch and I'll do what I can to escalate this from our end if possible.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Paul001 wrote:

Another phone call from them 1 minute ago.

Who can we complain to about this harassment?

the traditional way of handling such nuisance calls is to keep a loud whistle handy, whisper your 1st answer to lure them in, then give them an earful 🙂

Hi Craig,

Please can you escalate this now for me? I have phone calls every single day (except Sunday) and its worse than ever.

I understand it can take 6 weeks to be removed, but this should be 6 weeks from when I reported (several times last year), about 3 weeks back on this forum and was told it would be done then as well.

I dont wish to go down the complaint root but if this harassment continues, I will have no choice.

Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Paul001

Sorry to learn that you're still experiencing issues daily, it's not possible to escalate this in terms of instantly reducing the number of calls but something we can do is look to change your number, which usually instantly reduces the calls you're receiving.

You can request that by giving our team a call on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other.

Take care

Craig

Since I've cancelled my TV and Phone (Still have BB) I've been harassed by this number for the past 7 days.

I have spoken to one of the agents and informed them that I wasn't willing to discuss details with a cold called and was happy for my tv and phone to cancel and thought that was the end of it.

Please look into this or I will report it to Ofcom.

Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Andrewh_85

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving these unwanted calls recently.

I've located your account and updated your marketing preferences so our team will stop contacting you, this can take around 6 weeks to take a full effect so apologies if you receive calls in that time.

I hope this helps

Craig