cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 408 9340

Paul001
Superfast

Hi,

Had 3 calls in the last 5 days from 0800 408 9340 all claiming to be from VM offering me more packages for the landline.

Are these from VM or just a scam? 

Thanks

141 REPLIES 141

JonJonJonJon
Tuning in

Been on out of the country for 8 weeks and have just put my UK SIM back in my phone. 14 voicemails, all from 08004089340, no sound on any just a second of silence.

When I next move and need internet I will seriously consider providers other than Virgin Media (look at my post history for the other reasons).

Lucky you didnt have roaming enabled otherwise you would have been charged to receive all the unwanted messages and calls.

Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Waylander,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are receiving unwanted sales calls from us. 

I can arrange to have your marketing preferences changed. This will remove you from our database for sales calls and also unwanted addressed mail.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details for this. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul001,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are still receiving sales calls after opting out of all marketing from us.

I'd like to look into this further for you so we can get these calls stopped, but I'll need to verify your details first.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mfldavsion,

I'm sorry that you have had such a difficult experience calling in to get your marketing preferences changed.

As you've asked, I will tell you--yes, I do, on occasion, have to call in to speak to Customer Services or Technical Support, being a long-term customer over 13 years now (going back to the old Ntl days), and I have to listen to the hold music in the call queue as well. I'm no different from anyone else--I don't like to wait in queues--so I understand how frustrating this can be, however, I've always been able to persevere through the hold music and speak to the department required to get my issue sorted out. 

You are right--there is no option to choose to change marketing preferences. In this case, you would speak to Customer Services about your account, which would be option 1 (Billing). If you had used the thinking of leaving option, our Retentions team would be happy to get your marketing preferences changed for you or get you through to one of our Customer Service team members.

Again, I have to advise you that we do offer multiple other options to get in touch with us other than calling in such as this Forum, Facebook, Twitter, WebChat and via the post. If you would like for me to look into this for you, I'll be happy to help. Let me know and I'll send you a pm requesting further details.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JonJonJonJon,

Thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are receiving unwanted sales calls from us on your mobile while you've been away. 

I can arrange to have your marketing preferences changed. This will remove you from our database for sales calls and also unwanted addressed mail.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details for this. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Another 4 unwanted calls in the last 2 days.

Another phone call from them just now.

I thought companies were supposed to be fined for this kind of harassment ? 

Report them. I call from time to time under their existing non-opted out permission, they can get away with. But what you've told us really is harrassment.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Another phone call from them 1 minute ago.

Who can we complain to about this harassment?