cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller id problems

BrianLeftie
Joining in

Caller id stopped working a few days ago, my phone had call blocker switched on, so don't know how many calls I missed. Luckily a relative phoned me on my mobile and alerted me to the problem. Have phoned 150 not much help. Any solutions please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BrianLeftie,

Thanks for your time via PM.

We've added the Caller Display back on for you so it should be live and working straight away 🙂

Can you check and let me know all is okay your end?

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BrianLeftie,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with Caller ID. 

I'd very much like to look into this so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details. It may be a case that we need to get the feature removed and re-added for you and if that doesn't fix it we will be able to arrange a tech visit for this. 

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BrianLeftie,

Thanks for your time via PM.

We've added the Caller Display back on for you so it should be live and working straight away 🙂

Can you check and let me know all is okay your end?

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Hi Ayisha, Just tried calling phone with my BT Guardian setting activated. No joy blocked my mobile. Took Guardian off, phone rang straight through, as do all the nuisance calls as well. Very frustrating after years with no problems. Thanks for trying to help, appreciated. Regards Brian

Thanks for coming back to us @BrianLeftie.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, no other issues, still the same ongoing one. Perhaps I should have made myself clearer, I should have been able to get through on my mobile as my number ls on the phone caller list. With guardian on, wont let any calls through. Regards Brian

Thanks for coming back to us @BrianLeftie

Has the service always worked in conjunction with BT call Guardian until the recent issues?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, yes of no problems whatsoever for years, its been a blessing only letting people on my Caller List through. Have wondered if the Virgin box opposite our house has had a recent visit from an engineer. Clutching at straws at the moment. Regards Brian

Thanks for coming back to us @BrianLeftie, that can sometimes cause issues with line features dropping off, Ayisha, did that earlier and put the feature back onto the line.  I have removed the number from the network and put it back on, please can you try again?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, thanks for trying but no change, still not working, frustrating. Regards Brian