cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display suddenly stopped working

she08
Joining in

The Caller Display facility on my home phone, which has been working faultlessly for years, suddenly disappeared about 8 weeks ago to be replaced by a useless 'Incoming call' message.  This follows on from me making multiple phone calls to yourselves ( 9 in total ) with absolutely no resolution whatsoever.   Has the Display had been withdrawn from my account? Have VM simply switched it off?  even though it was working fine up till this point. .  I even spoke to Technical Support on more than one occasion. It looks as if the facility had been withdrawn by Virgin Media as there was no longer a code for it.  This does not accord with the Virgin Media website, which advertises it as available free of charge with all Virgin Home Phone packages.  This is part of my contract & I have always had caller display ( and previously paid for it)  as you are in breach of my contract  I will cancelling Virgin and moving to another provider unless someone from Virgin reads this and reinstates Caller Display for me.  I rely on it to protect me from nuisance calls.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi she08, thanks for your post.

Sorry for any issues with your landline call features. As far as I'm aware Caller Display is still available, do you get the same problem with all numbers, or just some? Have you tried calling *234# to reactivate it?

Please keep us updated.

Tom 

Hi Tom

Thanks for replying.

All incoming number are affected.

I did try your suggestion, unfortunately it says 'service requested is not available'

sheila.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for giving that a try Sheila, I'd like to take a closer look into it. Please look out for my PM (the purple envelope) so we can confirm a few details and we'll take it from there.

Tom

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping me updated and letting us know this is resolved now she08 - please don't hesitate to give us another shout if you encounter any more problems, or if there's anything else we can help with. 

Tom