cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display stopped working

malfred1
Joining in

Yesterday my caller display stopped working when anyone rings it just says external call couldn't get through to virgin today anyone know what I can do except keep phoning virgin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to me. I am sorry we were not able to remotely fix this.

It's a technician visit that's needed. I've booked in the first available slot which can be found here

Let me know how the visit goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Johninboro
Dialled in

Try dialling  *234#

Thats the code to activate caller ID on some exchanges

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.

Just tried that but still not working

Please can someone help with this

Looks like its a call to 150 and speak to the team

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.

Hi @malfred1

Thanks for posting and apologies for the caller ID issue. I've got my colleague to check the switch, remove and re-add and it should be working.

Let me know any issues.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Still not working 

Thanks for coming back to me. I am sorry we were not able to remotely fix this.

It's a technician visit that's needed. I've booked in the first available slot which can be found here

Let me know how the visit goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Its not a tech visit or even a network visit that this customer requires.  The account needs to be refreshed.

The only reason a tech would be dispatched would be to perform a docsis migration (phone over broadband) as all telco faults are now being handled this way.

If the customer is already docsis migrated then refresh the account or escalate to have the account rebuilt.

Thank you for help technician came but could not fix referred to someone else it seems problem with main box in street he phoned several times but still not working then later this afternoon it was back on.