cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display not working

abbas5001
Tuning in

Hello

caller display isn’t working on my phone for the few weeks. We haven’t had any issues with the landline or anything requiring an engineer to come out (I’ve read other posts it happened to people after a fault was fixed). The phone just says ‘External Call’

any help appreciated 

21 REPLIES 21

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @abbas5001

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're having a issue with caller display at this time. Are you able to try another handset to see if this is a handset fault? Has caller display ever worked on the phone?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hello I have tried another handset and the same problem happens. Yes, caller ID worked fine until a few weeks ago. 

Thanks for confirming this @abbas5001

I have taken the look and investigated this at our side and believe I have found the fix to this for you. Can you try to see if caller ID is working and let me know if you have any further issues. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi

I'm having problems with Caller Display not working.  I have a BT8600 cordless phone system (4 handsets in all) and of course all four are via the base station which is also an answer phone.    In the last couple of weeks Caller Display has gone and all we see on the phones display is "Incoming Call" no numbers or the persons ID if they are in our phone's directory list. We can make calls OK and receive calls but without any details of the caller.  I have tried resetting the base station but still caller display doesn't work.  I have contact VM (150) twice re this and both times been advised all is correct. 

Any ideas on where to go next?    I thought about buying a cheap new phone with caller Display to test the system. Seems cheapest phone is around £18 so not extortionate, but is there any other way?

Thanks in advance.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Flashbang,

Welcome, thanks for joining the thread.

I am sorry that the caller ID was not working, I have checked the system and it should be working for you now.

Can you please check for me?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley

My wife just called my home land line and it still fails to show the incoming call details!  Just "Incoming Call"   I'm going to purchase a cheap caller display phone from Argos later this evening and see what that come up with when its plugged in?    Will update once I have the new phone and tested the line etc.

Thanks for your time.

Brian. AKA Flashbang

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Flashbang,

No problem, thanks for trying another handset.

I look forward to your update on this.

Take care for now.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

Well, a new caller display phone purchased (Binatone Spirit 410) and .... No incoming number or other details displayed when a call is received, even when the new phone has my cell phone number stored in its memory.

I have even tried the new phone plugged into the VM master socket, which is normally unused and nothing!  Can call out and receive calls, but that's it.

Not sure where to go or what to do now?    

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Flashbang,

Sorry are you already using the new handset? Or is this with the current handset you have at the moment?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team