cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Id shows calls from "No Number" every 2 hours

rnmh1964
Tuning in

I have been having continual problems with my landline since it was connected to the hub and WiFi. At the moment my caller ID on the phone continually shows that every 2 hours I am receiving a call from "no number" and this occurs over a 24 hour period each and every day. The phone does not ring so that is not the issue, more that I am concerned that there is a problem with the actual phone line as when the engineer came to install it, what should have taken a few minutes took much longer as it didn't set up at first. I have spoken on the phone with a Virgin representative who says these frequent "No number" calls are not showing at Virgin's end so my handset must be faulty. Well it ISNT because I have purchased a brand one and the exact same thing is happening! I now have to scroll back through about 18 missed calls to see if someone has genuinely tried to ring me. I am concerned that there is an error on the line. Thjs never occurred when the line was connected to the socket. Please rectify this or at the end of my contract I will be looking elsewhere.  The fault is definitely NOT with the handset 

27 REPLIES 27

My broadband seems to be working well and this is the only issue - a very annoying issue. I thought I was being targeted by cold callers/power dialer. 

DavidEvison
Joining in

I have the same issue since “upgrade” to Hub 5. Any fix yet?

Hi DavidEvison,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise for any disruption this issue is causing. Unfortunately, this issue is still under investigation.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Don’t hold your breath it’s been under investigation for weeks with no resolution from virgin. See previous threads on this forum one user had 15 pages of comments without getting it sorted. It’s a problem with hub 5 which virgin are not capable of sorting out. Each day I go into my phone and delete the caller list so as not to bung up the records

Thanks for the reply on the forums @mervynburrows.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. We are aware of this issue which has been impacting a certain number of customers.
We have been updated from the team to say that they are in the progress of making works of a software / firmware update to combat this issue.
Once the update is ready, they will will roll it out and this will stop the issue which is going on.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, is there any progress with a resolution for this issue please?  Is it an issue confined to Hub 5?  I did not experience the issue with my previous Hub 3.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DsvidEvison, thanks for your posts on our forum and this thread. We're sad to advise this issue is still under investigation, if you've been affected and once we've resolved this we will reach out to confirm so you are aware this has been dealt with. In the meantime, feel free to ask any more questions you may have and we'll do our best to help.

Adri
Forum Team

This morning was the first morning for ages that I have not received any “no number” calls. I hope that this means the problem has been sorted at last

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for posting and for this update, mervyburrows.
We're glad to hear you did not receive any of the ''no number'' calls today, please do monitor this for a while and keep us posted.
We'd be happy to know it's been sorted, however we're here to help in case you need further assistance.

Adri
Forum Team

No such luck for me, 8 of these “calls” so far today ( as at 11:00)