cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID not working on new Panasonic landline phone

littlewren
On our wavelength

I set up my Panasonic phone this afternoon, but when someone who was in my phonebook phoned, it just said 'incoming call.' 

I phoned VM for technical help, he said to check if it's on pulse or tone, there is no mention of this so I presume it's set to tone.  I know this seems to be a problem with Panasonic phones, could someone from VM help plse?  

I should mention that after looking at another post regarding this issue, I checked all around the phone and in the settings menu in case it had been set to pulse but there's nothing showing so I presume it is automatically tone.

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi littlewren,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to use the Caller Display feature after purchasing a new landline handset. Firstly, I would definitely make sure that this handset is compatible with Caller Display, as I know that some handsets do not support this feature. It should say on the device specifications in the manual or in the description if purchased online.

Secondly, I assume by how you worded your post that you have been able to use Caller Display previously, can you please just confirm if that is definitely the case? If so, it sounds extremely likely that the issue is with the handset, in which you would need to contact the manufacturer to see if the handset is faulty.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@littlewren wrote:

I set up my Panasonic phone this afternoon, but when someone who was in my phonebook phoned, it just said 'incoming call.' 

<snip>

Panasonic cordless phones have been mentioned in the past with regard to missing caller ID problems on VM lines. Can't recall any specific fault or fix for same which might help you.

Do you get your VM landline service from the back of the hub (a 21CV connection) or via a traditional wall socket?

What model of Panasonic cordless is it?

Are you able to try the new Panasonic in a different phone line (of a friend, family member, neighbour) to confirm its caller ID is working elsewhere?

Are you able to try a different phone in your own line to see if caller ID shows up OK?