cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID and BT Call Guardian

WelshGasman
Superfast

Hi all,

I have a phone set with BT Call Guardian.

Recently people in my phonebook are getting the Guardian, and not coming straight through.😕

I tried with my mobile (also in the phonebook) and that also came up announced as well.

I was going to post to ask if VM can identify if the CLID is being passed through, but seeing other CLID issues here, I now think it is at my end after all.?

Can you reboot my switch as you did for others please and see if that corrects it.?

TIA

6 REPLIES 6

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @WelshGasman,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your landline.

Whilst we cannot comment on the BT Call Guardian, we can look into your caller ID. 

I was able to locate your account from the Forum details provided and was able to ensure that your Caller Display feature is definitely active on your account. Please check again if this has now worked.

I would advise to use a phone without a Call Guardian just so we can check if this is definitely working for you.

Keep us updated on how you get on. 🙂 

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@WelshGasman wrote:

Hi all,

I have a phone set with BT Call Guardian.

Recently people in my phonebook are getting the Guardian, and not coming straight through.😕 <snip>

Are you able to test your caller ID on your own line with a different phone? Alternatively, can you try your own phone on a different phone line to see if its caller ID works elsewhere. You'd then have a clearer idea if you have a phone or a line problem.

I tried my mobile as I mentioned in my original post, and that came up announced.
Unlikely to be able to test on another line.?

It is currently working again. I used my mobile today three times and each time I got past the guardian.
My original post was to see if VM could SEE if the CLID was being passed, as you can do with VOIP?
I know it is on my settings and I cannot switch it off, but having seen and read the other recent CLIS issue posts, though that might be my problem as well.?

Thank you for the reply.

I was expecting a PM for account details, as in the other posts, so full marks for finding those details out as you have. 👍

I cannot use another phone. This is a 3 phone cordless set. The only other phone I have is a corded phone for powercuts, and that has no screen on it. 🙁

I could switch off Call Guardian, but would then be exposed to all the callers it blocks.

BT do not do too much well, but Call Guardian is one of the successes, it is brilliant at what it does.😁

It appears to be working again now, so I will monitor and try and see if I can see some pattern to it.

@WelshGasman wrote:

I tried my mobile as I mentioned in my original post, and that came up announced.
<snip>

I was suggesting that you could try borrowing a different corded phone with caller display (friend, family, neighbour perhaps?) and try that plugged into your own line to test if it received the caller ID correctly.

Not clear if @Paulina_Z changed or reset anything for you at #2 above which may have remedied the issue for you.

If the BT Guardian is working again, you won't be able to test until (or if) the fault re-appears. If the problem does re-appear, you need to work out if you have a problem with the BT Guardian phone or a problem with caller ID on the line. Hopefully it is now fixed for you. The trueCall/BT Guardian features certainly do solve a lot of problems with the scam callers and are a useful feature to have.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @WelshGasman

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm glad to hear that things are working again now for you. Please do continue to monitor the situation and let me know if anything changes.

Kind regards,

Serena