cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display

RMagee6
Joining in

Hi an engineer visited on Monday due to an issue with the line. After listening to voicemail the intermittent beeps would not stop. The engineer said that it was the first time he had encountered this issue.  He called someone and apparently they cleared the line. Now caller display won't work. I have spoken with 2 different people at Virgin Media today and both have cut me off. She said I can't have voicemail and caller ID .   I said I had them both before the engineer visit.

Can anyone help?

19 REPLIES 19

Hi RMagee6, 

Thanks for coming back to me once again to confirm this. 

Please leave this with me for now. The person who was supporting me with getting this resolved has finished for the day and not back in until Monday now. 

I have sent her the update and as soon as I have a reply back from her, I will come back to you. 

Apologies for the inconvenience once again. Fingers crossed this will be sorted by Monday for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Kath 

Hi RMagee6, 

It's just a quick post to let you know I've not forgotten about you. 

We have done some remote changes over the day so can you try again? Before dialling the number, please use the Landline to call 1571. This should allow you to set up the Voicemail feature and once done, hopefully both the Caller ID and the Voicemail feature will then work. 

Keep me posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath, it's still not working. I dialled 1571 first as you said but it doesn't come on. Caller display is still working 

Hi RMagee6, 

This one is certainly a head scratcher. When you did call 1571, what message played? Did it advise anything atall? 

Keep me posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

It says no new messages  press 2 to record a new greeting or 0 for help

Hi RMagee6, 

Thanks for confirming this. 

This suggests the Voicemail is set up. I am going to try something but will need your permission to do this so am going to refer this back to private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Dianne, 

I just wanted to check in with you to ensure that things are now resolved and working as they should be. 

If you could please pop back here and let us know. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath everything is working, thanks again for all your help.

Dianne

Hi Dianne, 

That's awesome news 🙂 I'm really glad to hear that. 

Thanks do much for popping back and letting us know. 

If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team