cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display not working

VagoXD57
Joining in

Sorry if this is a repeat.

Caller Display on my PSTN landline stopped working in late August 2019.

Despite numerous calls to VM and the feature being deactivated and activated several times it is still not working. VM say it's the handset.

My Panasonic DECT is compatible with Caller display and used to display the number. I have even taken the handset to a friends house who is also a VM customer and tested it and it still works.

Where do I go from here? Any help appreciated please!

57 REPLIES 57

I have had the same problem with caller display not working since last Friday. I had calls come through on Friday morning that displayed the numbers but after 11.45 am, nothing. I've contacted you via online chat & was passed between different departments. Also had a phone call on Saturday with a guy who said he'd get someone down to have a look. No one has called again. Today ( Tuesday) I contacted someone who said my CD is active their end & must be my handset. I then said I don't think its the case as my phone still has all the old calls being displayed. I'm getting sick of having to answer all the incoming calls, which mostly turn out to be nuisance calls. I rely on caller display so I don't have to answer them. I just want someone to actually come & have a check for themselves as I know its not my handset that's the problem. 

Hi Fuzzie67

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the caller display issue.

I can see from checking the systems that you've had a technician visit since posting and everything should be resolved.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

with reference to my posting of several weeks ago I have just dicovered the cover over the small pavement junction is missing!  Could this have abearing on my problem? Is it possible to get someone to replace it? Ken Durkin

Thanks, it's been sorted now. There was a problem in the main box in the street which now has been fixed. 

Hi

I have the same issue where by my Caller ID was working prior to the 19th March 2020. When I re-negotiated my contract. I was advised that the CLI was now an FoC service. However ever since then all I receive is 'INCOMING CALL', The handset is a new Panasonic handset and base unit, which is DECT compatible and by default is Caller Id enabled. I purchased this on the 16th August 2019 and it has worked perfectly up until the 19th March date. Periodcially the odd call will show the incoming CLI. I have found my old Panasonic DECT phone and tried this and at present it seems to work. So I have been tearing my hair out with your CS ever since the 19th March,  and like everybody else on here been shoved from pillar to post and had 2 Engineer visits and they have indicated its a problem with Virgin Media. The suggestion was to switch my service over to the VoIP and plug into thhe back of the Hub 3 router. However if that fails I've lost my phone service and have an eldely relative and therefore can't be without my Landline.

I've raised several complaints and the latest is COM104134469. I'm absolutely exhausted with dealing with your CS, they are garbage, your Engineers who visit are great and when your services work they are fine. But when a problem occurs, you really suffer as a customer.

Can you please help, before I shoot my self. 

Hi, I have a Panasonic phone too, but it wasn't my phones problem. If I were you, get an engineer to come down & check the main box in your street. There was a fault light flashing in mine according to what the engineer said when he'd had a look in there. Good luck! 

Good Morning boleynboy64,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your caller display.

I believe we've been able to book a technician for you, do please let us all know on the thread how everything goes

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

To Virgin Media team:

While it's great that these Caller Id issues are being resolved through the forum, it is totally unacceptable that the so-called Customer Service (which is an oxymoron from my experience), and the Technical Team to whom the Customer Service often forward us, cannot resolve the issue without the merry run-around of "it's a problem with your handset - call the manufacturer", or "it isn't available in your area", or "you need to have it added to your contract"....basically "it's not our problem, you go fix it".

It would appear to be a pretty common issue, sometimes requiring an engineer visit, and sometimes just a flag on a system somewhere, but something well-understood.

Would it not be worthwhile, therefore, to have something added to the Customer Service script that allows them to know what to do with there is a Caller Id issue?

Jonathan

Hi David

Since I posted on the forum my CLI has mysteriously reappeared prior to the Engineering visiting. So I suspect that this has been fixed by intervention from the forum team.

I'm afraid that your CS will cost VM their reputation. Dealing with them has been the worst experience I have had from an organisation allegedly providing a, so called  'service'.

I also received a call about the compliant I raised and was offered a single months credit of my services. Which as I explained over the phone, doesnt exactly cover the cost of my time and the aggravation I have had to put up with, dealing with your CS. 

Completely agree - I've spent 8hours on the phone to VM this week - that's 2 whole days messed up.  Following a fault 12/7 when phone service was totally out. took a week or so to be fixed. When fixed I had lost CLI (last incoming call before fault was noticed was 4/7 and number on handset). Engineer tried everything and has been in touch - so good service there, however each time I have had to call CS to sort this out I've been passed on & on - Call 1 on Monday was overall 4 hours and 50 mins and I spoke with 5 people from various dept from customer relations to technical faults. Monday call ended with Caller ID being re-activated. Tuesday - still not working. Engineer checked everything at exchange and used tester handset. He liaised with other dept to get their end sorted after sorting the switch out. I then had to call again Wed to get CS to switch on /re-activate at the admin end - 3hour call today and 5 new people. Asked security at each and every change - my 'security' password characters have been fully disclosed across the call(s).

Absolutely appalling call handling, last handler got me to dismantle the access to my master socket ( which is under a shelf and radiator case) and unplug the phone, from the line and power & re-plug to reset? - did nothing. He then told me my handset must be faulty, can I borrow a neighbours to test, I need to take my phone to be tested! DESPITE my telling him that the engineer had tested the display on their handset and confirmed that there was still an issue, he still said I should get my handset checked.  In the end - he submitted a ticket to the IT Team to investigate, said I'd hear within 5-7 working days.  I'd also been told by a handler that Caller Display is no longer a service and that I had de-activated it which I most certainly didn't.  It's essential to be able to see incoming callers as there has been a recent increase in nuisance calls. One guy tried to blame COVID19 - for which I pointed out that people expect to wait to be answered but once their call has been answered they do expect the handler to either be competent enough to deal with the issue at hand and if not be able to direct the call to the CORRECT dept 1ST TIME, not to be passed around to every employee in the company

VM has got to get it's act together - if call handlers are targeted to answer a minimum number of calls then this need to be addressed - if they just crash through calls without resolving anything it is counter productive because the caller will have to call again.  This is one particularly common issue where it seems that all the customer call handlers should be given the information on how this is resolved

I got home this evening and tested and it is now miraculously working (9:30pm).  I wonder if anyone will call me to check on things? I am not holding my breath.

PS - VM gets paid a fair bit by all of us & when things are ticking along OK its a good product however we deserve some decent service when it goes wrong or need some help - 

so people - how about emailing the CEO and maybe giving him the link to this post?   lutz.schueler@virginmedia.co.uk