cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display not working

VagoXD57
Joining in

Sorry if this is a repeat.

Caller Display on my PSTN landline stopped working in late August 2019.

Despite numerous calls to VM and the feature being deactivated and activated several times it is still not working. VM say it's the handset.

My Panasonic DECT is compatible with Caller display and used to display the number. I have even taken the handset to a friends house who is also a VM customer and tested it and it still works.

Where do I go from here? Any help appreciated please!

57 REPLIES 57

Yes, I can confirm it is all working again. Many thanks, especially given the quick response.

Without wanting to detract from my satisfaction with all you've done, it does bode the question as to why, after 4 hours on the phone with VirginMedia, being pushed between Customer Service and Technical Support, they were unable to resolve it at all and effectively said it was my problem.

But big thanks to you.

Jonathan

You are most welcome Jonathan,

Just happy to be of help.

Have a lovely afternoon.

Jodi

JohnBanks
On our wavelength

I am having the same problem, ca you tell me how you fixed it

I posted the issue on this forum, and within a few minutes, someone contacted me with a private message and a few minutes after that it was fixed. Have a look at the chain of messages and you'll get a feel for the timeline.

Avoid phoning customer services (useless).

Still intermittent! what causes a problem to fix itself for a couple of days and then give up th ghost again!!!!!!

jshe
Joining in

Can anyone help with the problem of the Caller Display going off? It went off after engineer's visit and the next didn't know about getting it back on? I'm not getting any help with the problem to get it sorted after calls?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JohnBanks,

Thanks for your post, can you give me some info on your issue and if you have tried a different handset?

Thanks,

Zoie

JohnBanks
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie

Thanks for your reply, i had an engineer last saturday as i had no dialing tone for a week. He said there was a fault in the box down the road and he had fixed it. The phone is now working ok but on incoming calls there is no caller id it just says incoming call. It may just need the caller id activating from your end. I have not tried another phone as i do not have one.

John Banks

That is exactly what happened to me. And someone on this forum picked it up and fixed it in 5-10 minutes. Apparently it was a flag on a system that needed resetting. 

HI JohnBanks, thanks for messaging us and we are glad that everything was resolved locally, We are sorry to hear that there is no caller ID and want to look in to this for you. We will send you a private message in order to look in to this further. Chris.