cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display not working

VagoXD57
Joining in

Sorry if this is a repeat.

Caller Display on my PSTN landline stopped working in late August 2019.

Despite numerous calls to VM and the feature being deactivated and activated several times it is still not working. VM say it's the handset.

My Panasonic DECT is compatible with Caller display and used to display the number. I have even taken the handset to a friends house who is also a VM customer and tested it and it still works.

Where do I go from here? Any help appreciated please!

57 REPLIES 57

Sukhi
Tuning in

Hi Everyone,

It seems to be a widespread issue reading through the forum. My Caller ID has stopped working also on the 29.02.2020. I have contacted Virgin Media on a number of occasions and passed pillar to post with no resolution. Very frustrating, I'm sure my custom would be better appreciated with other providers...

I have also tested my handset with my neighbours Virgin media phone line which seems to work fine.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sukhi, 

Thanks for your post, 

I have done some remote checks and can see that your caller id is active, we have removed and readded this can you please test to see if this has worked

Thanks,

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

I have just just checked, the issues isn’t resolved unfortunately.

kind regards 

Sukhi

Hi Sukhi, 

Thanks for popping back, it needs a technician then for it to be fixed.

I'll PM you now 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi Sukhi,

I've sent you a PM now with all the details 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

BlackDog4
Tuning in

I too have caller display not working, or 1471. This after the phone service was not working for three weeks. I have been passed from tec support to customer services back to tec support and now waiting yet again to talk to customer services.Pillar to post just dosent do justice to the run around.

Seems like a common problem that needs a visit to sort how can that be done any suggestions welcome

Hi, I have been trying to get my Caller ID fixed for over 6 weeks now. Just had an engineer out who says my line is ok but it looks like virgin has taken that feature off my package for what reason I don't know. Virgin should warn people if an important feature like this is to be removed. I'm trying to get through again to see if it can be put back on.

That was exactly the same position with us also our 1471 was no working. Took an engineer via this community about 45 minutes to solve both problems.

Caller display is intermittent on my Virgin landline. Same number will display identity now and 2 hours later just incoming call. I have had a couple of discussions with C/S 151 before lock down ith no effect. I see that people are having problems as well so I would like to join in and try to get it fixed!

Hello kayjaydee

Let me get your details so I can look into this for you.

Just check the purple envelope for another message please 

Gareth_L