cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display not working

VagoXD57
Joining in

Sorry if this is a repeat.

Caller Display on my PSTN landline stopped working in late August 2019.

Despite numerous calls to VM and the feature being deactivated and activated several times it is still not working. VM say it's the handset.

My Panasonic DECT is compatible with Caller display and used to display the number. I have even taken the handset to a friends house who is also a VM customer and tested it and it still works.

Where do I go from here? Any help appreciated please!

57 REPLIES 57

Buffer6
Legend

If at first, you don't succeed try, try again...

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear that you're having issues with caller display not working on your handset.

I would like to take a closer look into this issue for you VagoXD57 but I would need to send you a private message so that we can clear account security and take the details that I need to look into your account.

I will pop over a private message in the next few moments, please reply and we can get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L

lwould like to add to this thread. Caller ID worked for years as a paid service, Since becoming free last year it has been intermittent, This week for the 4th time this year I spent over an hour talking to VM csutomer service and had to state my name and security details at least 5 time as I was transferred around. Needless to say no one had the answer. Since then I have received about 20 calls most of which show no caller ID. About  4 have so the sysytem is available on my account. The phone I bought as a spare now shows Error on its display when a call is received. I would very much like to know who is phoning me!!!! 

VagoXD57
Joining in

Thanks to Steven_L chasing this and after an engineers visit this has been resolved. Not by fixing the problem on the copper 'phone line connection, but by migrating my 'phone calls to VOIP over the broadband connection.

Thanks for letting us know that has now been fixed and I'll let Steven know that his good work has not gone unnoticed.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

This has also happened to us. Spoke twice with customer services and technical 2nights ago and am assured that we are set up correctly and it should work. We'll it doesn't, we haven't changed our phone or any settings and it use to work fine. Funny it stopped working after I turned down an offer to upgrade our service at additional cost.

Well quiet frankly the WiFi connection 12 feet from my router is crap and as far as I'm concerned I'm paying over the top for a mediocre service so I'm certainly not going to be paying more. Now we have this further problem of caller I'd not working. Call me cynical but get the feeling this is all a ploy by VM to extra t more money from me. Well it won't work. 

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your post Allanwalker and welcome to our community.

We can understand the frustration with your services not working at the moment but this would have nothing to do with your recent contact with the team regarding your package price. 

Could we please confirm what the team advised in regards to the caller display and broadband issues on your most recent contact? 

You can check for any known area faults which may be causing your broadband issues on our Service Status page where you can also run tests when logged into your online account. 

Can we please confirm if the broadband issues are occurring through both wired and wireless connections to the Hub or is it only WiFi connections affected? Also, is this on certain devices or all devices connected? 

Let us know, Emily.

Where do I start. 

Broadband speed issues are all devices, over WiFi. Some of which a fairly new devices.

Havnt tried wired for sometime so would have to check, but that is not a practical solution to problem. 

Telephone caller dispkay issue was told that had been fixed at your end but it still doesn't work. We have not changed anything at our end and it use to work fine. 

Allan

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Checking on a wired device is not to provide a solution this is to diagnose where in the connection this issue is occurring if you're able to do a speed test on a wired device and wireless device and let us know the outcome of these.

If the caller display is still not working we would need to book in an engineer appointment for you to investigate further. 

I'll pop you over a private message now if you can please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Thank you, Emily.