cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call waiting not working

jayabee
Joining in

After digital switchover I found call waiting was activated and I wanted to deactivate it. It deactivated ok but when I called the busy landline from my Virgin(o2) mobile, the mobile just beeped and then cut off. I reported this and after much hassle had a online chat with an agent who said they would reset my line settings. This has made no difference and trying to speak to someone is like trying to jump over the moon. Any ideas how to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jayabee 👋🏼

Thank you for posting, welcoming you onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are having issues with call waiting ☹.

Can you make and receive calls off your landline?

Is it your mobile that isn't letting you make and receive calls?

Have you managed to activate your call waiting at all when you have spoken to us?

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jayabee
Joining in

Yes I can make and receive calls on the landline and I can activate and deactivate the calls waiting feature. I have confirmed this by dialling in the status code. When call waiting is activated calls to the busy line trigger the warning beeps. If I deactivate the call waiting feature calls to the busy phone get no tone and then cut off.

Glad to see the call waiting is working Jayabee 😊.

If you ever need us or the same problem happens, please give us a call on 👉🏼 0345 454 1111.

You can also reach out to us on here, we are one post away.

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If I have understood your post correctly, it sounds like your landline is not working properly.

AIUI, when call waiting is off, and your landline is in use, the next person to call you should get an engaged tone as would be expected.

When call waiting is on, and your landline is in use, it has been reported on here that the next person to call just hears a normal ringing sound. The person using the busy landline hears a quiet beeping sound to notify of an incoming call on the busy line. (This is different to a conventional BT line where the waiting caller is notified with a spoken message that call waiting is in place)

If your waiting caller is just getting cut off when your call waiting is deactivated (and not getting an engaged tone) that does not sound like it is working correctly.

jayabee
Joining in

Yes that is exactly what is happening. Although the call waiting function appears to be working calls to the busy number get no tone and then cut off. this was tested from my mobile phone to my "busy" landline.

Hi jayabee,

Thanks for clarifying further. All looks to be OK this end, however there is an ongoing SNR issue in your area that is affecting all your services. But as far as things go with your calling features, they appear to be active and working this end.

I've dropped you a private message so I can look into this issue further. We can try removing and re adding the feature - if that doesn't work, I can raise the issue with out IT Teams.

Thanks!

Beth