cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call charges for calls not made

JRF88
Tuning in

Hi I have just noticed call charges on each of my landline bills going back to December 2021 for a total of £23.32. No-one in my household has made these calls, they are all to the same mobile number and mysteriously each of the calls lasts for exactly a round minute (i.e. 7 mins 0 secs, 11 mins 0 secs etc.) which makes it look like a machine operated automated call that's being made each time.

How do I put a stop to these calls and also claim the money back from the call charges? Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Short call durations and an exact number of minutes per call has been mentioned on here many times before as a feature of 'phantom' calls (as well as calls being made at all hours of the day and night).

Does your VM landline connect via the hub or a conventional telephone wall socket. For the latter a 'crossed line' is usually put forward as a possible explanation.

One of the VM forum team should reply here shortly to advise on the process of investigating and, hopefully, refunding you.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JRF88, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I'm going to send you a PM to discuss this further, and I can look into the specifics of this a little more.

Please expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thank you.