cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable phone

lizzymadray
Tuning in

what cable do I need to connect my phone to virgin fibre phone adapter? As in how many pins in connector - does it matter?

8 REPLIES 8

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi lizzymadray.

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post..

Just to confirm, are you set up for voice over fibre connection (meaning that your landline would be plugged into your hub) or via your wall socket? 

If you're on voice over fibre, you should have something called an RJ11 adapter which fits into the back of the hub (I assume this is what you're referring to in your post). I believe that most landlines only have one cable coming out, so it would be this cable that goes into the back of the adapter. It's almost like a 'B' shape

If you're still unsure, can you please confirm the make and model of your landline handset so we can try to assist further?

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Plugged into my hub

I cant access the old cable that connected my phone to the original wall socket - as it runs under floors and behind cabinets and only the end tgar connects to the phone base is visible - the phone is a Gigaset C430 cordless 

I have the adapter to plug into back of hub and it has several pins/contacts in the end that connects to the phone cable and I just want to be sure any new cable I connect to this and the phone base has the right number of pins/contacts to work properly 

Oh right I see, it sounds like that would be the cable which you'd need. 

If you've ever had your handset plugged into the wall socket, it would be that end of the cable you'd need to plug into the back of your hub.More information about the voice over fibre switch over can be found here

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

@lizzymadray wrote:

I have the adapter to plug into back of hub and it has several pins/contacts in the end that connects to the phone cable and I just want to be sure any new cable I connect to this and the phone base has the right number of pins/contacts to work properly 

Your post is a bit hard to follow. Are you trying to replace the line cord lead which connects the phone base to the wall socket (because yours is currently hidden under the floor and cannot be removed)?

Presumably you can access the end of the lead that goes into the phone base. If so unplug it and you will see how many pins are in use. It will probably be just two in the centre of the plug.

If you are seeking that lead, then the one for my own Gigaset C475 cordless (which is a much older device by the look of it) requires two pins to be connected on the plugs.

RJ11 plug Pins 3 and 4 (centre two pins) which goes into the phone base
BT plug Pins 2 and 5 which goes into either the wall socket or the adapter on the back of the hub depending on how your VM phone service is provided.

The hub itself only uses 2 pins in the TEL1 socket on the back.

all done

Hi @lizzymadray,

Thank you for the update. Is this now sorted, or do you still need our help with this today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!