cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPR call blocker

Roy16
On our wavelength

My CPR call blocker 2000 has suddenly stopped working, no ID showing, tried all the setting from CPR and a second unit but still no caller ID, tried 150 but no help from them, they say it is not Virgin equipment ,anybody had any luck in fixing this.

TIA Roy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

After a quick search on this forum ...

If you do a search on 'CPR call blocker' and use 'Whole community' in the drop down at the top of this page, you will find a whole bunch of past topics on this issue and CPR call blockers not working or suddenly stopping working.

Seemingly the common cause is something to do with low line voltage on VM lines. This past topic sounds similar to your issue

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/CPR-Call-Blocker/td-p/3223999

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Does caller ID show up if you plug a phone directly into the line (without the call blocker in place)?

If you get no caller ID on the the original phone only, are you able to repeat the above with a different phone?

Roy16
On our wavelength

The caller ID displays ok on the phone, just not on the call blocker, tried call blocker on its own, still no ID

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you testing at the telephone master socket (rather than an extension socket). Or direct into the back of the hub if you get your VM phone that way.

Have you tried the call blocker in a different (BT) line via a friend, family member, neighbour if that is possible?

You might have a job getting VM interested in helping if caller ID is actually showing up OK on a phone.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

After a quick search on this forum ...

If you do a search on 'CPR call blocker' and use 'Whole community' in the drop down at the top of this page, you will find a whole bunch of past topics on this issue and CPR call blockers not working or suddenly stopping working.

Seemingly the common cause is something to do with low line voltage on VM lines. This past topic sounds similar to your issue

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/CPR-Call-Blocker/td-p/3223999

Roy16
On our wavelength

Tried directly into a socket, still no caller ID, I have tried to contacting virgin today to try and get some help, think I was passed around every call centre in India,I agree with other members about the poor telephone help,  I see on the forum the voltage does seem to affect some call blockers, I will try to call Virgin tomorrow.!!

Roy16
On our wavelength

Virgin engineer called today, changed the socket and fiddled with the box in the street, he was baffled, still no caller I D, nothing more he could do and left, I will have to contact CPR to see if I can get a refund for the new one, thanks all for the replies.