Menu
Highlighted
quicky
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blocking Nuisance calls

We are getting a Nuisance call for months from the same number.

Is there any way to block them with Virgin.

All the call center does is direct you to the Telephone Preference Services which does not deal with personal nuisance calls. Only corporate ones.

The telephone blocker on the phone stops the calls but not the messages that can be left.

Is there anything that can be done?

All I can think of is asking for a new telephone number.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocking Nuisance calls

No way to block them via VM.

There are commercial products that claim to do this by intercepting calls and only allowing through those on your approved list. Expensive and not always seen to work.

And if you think about it how does a telco know whether a call is a nuisance call or not? You'd have to answer it to know that. And in most cases the calls come from spoofed numbers here and abroad which change all the time so no chance of keeping up with that.

Don't change your number. All VM numbers are recycled now and are still bound to be on spammers lists.

TPS is the best bet. But spammers and scammers have ways round that too. There is no perfect solution to this.

VMs help page on the subject:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-nuisance-calls

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
quicky
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It not spam, I think it is someone with a mental issue. 5 times a day is getting a little bit much......

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM can't block the number. If it is a single caller with malicious intent talk to the police. That kind of behaviour is a crime. But will you get anywhere? Doubt it. All the help that exists is in the link I gave you.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I invested £30 on these phones:

https://www.telephonesonline.co.uk/bt-advanced-z-twin-digital-cordless-answerphone-with-advanced-cal...

They are ‘refurbished’ but quality is always very good from this company.

Only those numbers in the address book are allowed through.

Other callers are asked to say who they are before their ‘announcement’ is put through and you can decline the call and block it with a single button press.

Automated calls can’t get through as the announcement process requires the caller to press # which they can’t do.

Best £30 I ever spent.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos