cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block OUTGOING premium calls ?

Kevster57
Tuning in

Hi... Is there a way to  stop OUTGOING calls to premium rate  numbers from our landline ? ,,, someone in our house is calling directory enquiries 118500      and last call racked up over £28  !!

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Kevster57 wrote:

Hi... Is there a way to  stop OUTGOING calls to premium rate  numbers from our landline ? ,,, someone in our house is calling directory enquiries 118500      and last call racked up over £28  !!

What do the people in you house have to say about the 118500 calls?

VM call barring is an add-on at £2.25 p.m.

Check the phone guide

https://assets.virginmedia.com/resources/pdf/Your-VM%20Phone-Guide.pdf

and what VM phone 'colour' zone you are in though to see what it is possible to block. 118 is expressly mentioned in all zones except Purple (which is a connection from the VM hub). Check you can actually block what you want to block before signing up to the call barring.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Kevster57,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I can't add anything to what Cardiffman281 and goslow have said about the call barring product.

We can add the call barring feature from here, if you'd like us to do so. Please let me know and if you do, we can get a private message sent over to you to confirm your account details and start the process.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for the feedback ,,,I see how things progress before turning to the  call barring facility at £2:25 per month 👍

Thanks for coming back to us Kevster57, I hope that you can sort this but we'll be here, if you want to turn to the call barring feature.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for the info ,,, so basically pick a call barring option colour , and all the calls listed under that colour are barred 

That would be correct yes.

Alex_Rm

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Kevster57 wrote:

Thanks for the info ,,, so basically pick a call barring option colour , and all the calls listed under that colour are barred 

For clarity, the colours mentioned in the phone guide refer to your phone connection's colour 'zone' (not directly the barring options).

You can find your phone colour zone as per page 3 in the linked VM phone manual (by dialling 1765 from your landline).

Once you have found out what colour zone your phone is connected to, you can see the options available for call barring for that particular colour zone.