Menu
yehudi
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Battery backup for Super Hub 3

Please can someone tell me how we get an e-bull backup unit for Superhub 3 with VOIP, so we don't lose telephone service in the event of a power cut.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Battery backup for Super Hub 3

Read the last drop down item on this page:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-accessibility-services

The back-up service is not available routinely. It is only available for people with a recognised need for it. Otherwise it would be a good idea to keep a mobile phone handy. BT is also moving to VOIP for its landline services as well.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

yehudi
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. However, we do not have a mobile phone. I understand that we need an e-bull unit obtainable via customer care but am finding it impossible to find anybody who knows about it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there yehudi, 

Thanks for your post - as our Superuser @HowardML mentions - the back up system is available for our Priority Customers. 

As a new customer, you should have been asked this question when you signed up and the EBUL would have been fitted at the same time as your installation. 

If your account is registered for our Priority Fault/Accessibility service then we can without a doubt, get a technician booked and have an EBUL fitted for you. There should be no reason as to why Customer Care cannot arrange this for you. 

Feel free to reply here if you are registered (or wish to be registered) for our Priority line and we can get this arranged and also get a technician booked for an EBUL if needed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

yehudi
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katie,

Thanks for your reply - at last, someone who talks sense!!

Would you know if the ebul unit must be fitted by an engineer or can we fit it ourselves?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there yehudi, 

The unit must be fitted by a Technician; we're unable to send this for self-install I'm afraid. 

Are you already registered for Priority Fault/Accessibility on your account? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Katie_WT will only ask you again. Are you a customer in priority need? If you are she'll be able to go-ahead and help.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
yehudi
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I am actually enquiring on behalf of a friend of mine who has asked me to find out the information for him. Could we set up priority access for him or does the request have to come from him. Both he and his wife are in their 80s and have medical problems.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’m wondering if there isn’t a bit of confusion here, please correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds as if @yehudi thinks that this is some kind of battery backup or UPS to keep the hub running in the event of a power failure, whereas I read it as being a separate telephone line which is self powered and can be used in an power cut.

In addition this is only available to VM customers in specific circumstances.

Or have I completely misunderstood?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Battery backup for Hub 3

@jem101 wrote:

I’m wondering if there isn’t a bit of confusion here, please correct me if I’m wrong but it sounds as if @yehudi thinks that this is some kind of battery backup or UPS to keep the hub running in the event of a power failure, whereas I read it as being a separate telephone line which is self powered and can be used in an power cut.

In addition this is only available to VM customers in specific circumstances.

Or have I completely misunderstood?

I don't think you have misunderstood.  The op really does need to answer the question about priority need for this thread to move on to a conclusion one way or another.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos