cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT call guardian

Biggordy1
On our wavelength

Hi I’ve recently changed to Virgin and my home phone plugs into the router. 
I have a BT8500 phone that has call guardian and challenges calls from unknown numbers. It doesn’t work on Virgin set up. Can anyone help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I understand that sadly there wouldn't be much assist we would be able to help as the lines that run through the router, don't have all the same capabilities that a copper line would offer.

It may be worth getting in contact with BT to see if they have or know of any work around for this matter

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Is VM's caller ID showing the incoming numbers correctly on the phone?

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Biggordy1, can you please confirm if you've switched from BT to Virgin Media recently, or if this fault has fallen in line with switching from copper lines to our router based phone lines?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi I switched from Sky to Virgin this month. The BT home phone worked fine on Sky through copper BT phone line. It’s not working on Virgin plugged into my hub. 

Biggordy1
On our wavelength

Yes phone numbers are displayed. 
it’s a new set up on Virgin plugged into hub. It worked fine on Sky on. BT copper phone line. 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I understand that sadly there wouldn't be much assist we would be able to help as the lines that run through the router, don't have all the same capabilities that a copper line would offer.

It may be worth getting in contact with BT to see if they have or know of any work around for this matter

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This issue has surfaced before:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/BT-Premiun-Phone-handset-Trucall-and-VOIP/m-p/435772... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks