cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Graphite 2500 and upcoming Virgin Fibre Compatability?.

saltyseadog
On our wavelength

I just received an email from Virgin explaining that from August 2022 they will be disconnecting the landline service and sending me an adapter to connect via fibre. Can anyone tell me if my present BT Graphite 2500 Trio set will be compatible with the adapter and these changes?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us @saltyseadog and for your question. Yes your phone will work with your hub in modem mode, the phone line wont be affected by that at all.

Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @saltyseadog,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your questions regarding the landline switchover. We will do our best to explain this for you. The sent adapter means you will be plugging your device into the back of the hub instead of the wall port. You can find out all you need to know https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Most phones should be compatible however please do let us know how the setup goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Rather than open a new thread I have another question on this. I receieved a further email from VM this morning informing me of the steps to do when I receive my adapter. It told me to plug the adapter into port 1 of the Virgin Hub and then connect the phone to the plug on the adapter. My question is, as I use my Virgin Superhub in modem mode only connected to a Linksys router for my broadband traffic will my phone still work like this?.

Thanks for coming back to us @saltyseadog and for your question. Yes your phone will work with your hub in modem mode, the phone line wont be affected by that at all.

Regards,

Steven_L

steve_bosley
Tuning in

Me too. So I have to move my phone into a different room ?

Also, why are VirginMedia going ahead with this change when BT have put their similar migration on hold ?

@steve_bosley wrote:

Me too. So I have to move my phone into a different room ?

Also, why are VirginMedia going ahead with this change when BT have put their similar migration on hold ?

If your phone and hub are not in the same room, VM should install a phone extension socket for you FOC linked to the hub (although they often do not offer this unless specifically asked).

AIUI, the BT 'pause' in rollout is for switchover of customers. Customers can request not to be switched esp. if they are in areas of poor mobile reception. New BT customers still get a phone-via-hub.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Steve_bosley, 

Thank you for your post. 

The phone and the Hub will need to to connected using the adaptor provided but if the set up you currently have is not suitable, please let us know and we can arrange for a technician to visit free of charge and relocate the equipment for you. 

Thanks, 

Nat