cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting phone number restoration

nigelscoffield2
Joining in

Signed up with the understanding I keep my current phone number but still awaiting restoration . Seems to be no way to contact anyone at Virgin .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. 

Is the number still active with the previous provider? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi nigelscoffield2

Thanks for posting. Is this relating a media account or a mobile one please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Landline

Thanks. 

Is the number still active with the previous provider? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

No disconnected day before my connection to Virgin

This will be why I'm afraid, it would need to be active for us to port it so because it was disconnected the day before, we would have never been able to port it.

Please contact the previous provider and ask them to re-activate the number and then if they agree, let us know and we can get it ported over to us.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

They will (EE) not accept a request from me they say it has to come from Vigin .Have already tried twice .

We can only request a number that's active.

If it's inactive the request won't be sent as it states when we request this, it needs to be an active landline number.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Just spoken to EE who informed me that they do not hold any phone numbers,they are owned by BT open reach and virgin should request from BT open reach access to the number and anyone at virgin should know this already.

In this case I am sorry if it has gone back to the original owner of this, we'd not be able to assist in getting this back.

I am sorry for that.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team