cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area 30

patmustard36
Joining in

My landline has been down for 2 days now. I am area 30 Aspley. I have no dial tone. I have tried an alternative phone, but it is still silent. services status check claims there is no issues in the area.

Is anybody else experiencing issues?

15 REPLIES 15

mpmc
Superfast

Out of interest, have you tried dialing a number?

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

Hi,

Yes I have tried to ring out. The phone dials the number but there is still no tone. Nothing happens. My daughter and sister have been trying to get in touch with me to keep me updated about a family emergency. No one can get through. its a little frustrating, as I do not have a mobile phone.

@patmustard36 wrote:

Hi,

Yes I have tried to ring out. The phone dials the number but there is still no tone. Nothing happens. My daughter and sister have been trying to get in touch with me to keep me updated about a family emergency. No one can get through. its a little frustrating, as I do not have a mobile phone.

Is the phone connected to the back of the VM hub or a traditional telephone wall socket?

Hi, Ive just checked it all, nothing has changed and all the connections are correctly connected.

If you have no mobile and the phone is down you'll have no way to contact emergency services if you needed to.

If your phone isn't connected to a standard wall socket but the hub I would suggest you either ask for VM to install an emergency backup line (see https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone#emergencybackupline ) and/or buy a cheap feature phone always on charge with or without a sim in case you ever do need 999/101 etc

TV, Phone and Broadband using the Hub 3.0 in modem mode, with a Newifi D2 running Openwrt (FTTP/RFoG).

@patmustard36 wrote:

Hi, Ive just checked it all, nothing has changed and all the connections are correctly connected.

Are you able to log into 'My Virgin Media'? If so go to this link below and sign in using your 'My Virgin Media' info

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

When logged in, it should show you any faults in your area and next to the phone section there should be a 'Run Test' button. Run the online phone test.

If it identifies a fault it may give you an option to book a technician.

If not, you can wait for a reply on here from one of the VM forum team who should be able to arrange help. They will normally reply in a day or two.

Thank for trying to help, it is appreciated.

This happens regularly. As always it states no faults in the area. Earlier in the year I was left a week with no service.

To be honest I have had enough.

Do you know how I can terminate my services with Virgin, while logged on to my account. Ive looked and cant find it for the life of me.

Did you log in and use the 'Run test' button for your phone line?

What did the result of the test say?

It states no faults in the area. Ive gone and borrowed another phone and tried that. still the same result.